University of Virginia Travel and Expense Card Program (previously the Pcard Program)
What is a Travel and Expense Card?
The University offers a “one card” solution that allows the cardholder to make small dollar purchases of goods, services, and travel expenses. The Travel and Expense card combines the previous purchasing and travel card programs into one card. The card is corporate liability, which means the University pays the bill on behalf of the cardholder.
How do I get a Travel and Expense Card?
For University Employees
- Applicants must first take the online cardholder training.
- The Authorizer, which is your Human Resources supervisor unless they have delegated this role to another person, must take Card Authorizer Training.
- Once both have completed training the Application for a Travel and Expense Card can be accessed.
- Once the application is completed and approved by the Authorizer, the University's Card Administrator will order the card. The card will be mailed to the cardholder's departmental address. It should arrive in 7-10 business days.
All non-UVA employees must be sponsored by a University department and linked to a supervisor that is a University employee in the Integrated System. The sponsoring department is responsible for setting up the cardholder in the University’s Human Resources system. The following information is required.
- Applicant Name
- Applicant Email Address
- Applicant Phone
- Applicant Date of Birth
- Applicant Gender
- Applicant's Home Address
- Applicant's Home City, State, Zip
- Sponsoring Department's UVA Address 1
- Sponsoring Department's City, State, Zip
- Applicant UVA Organization Code (5 digit code)
- Supervisor Name (must be a UVA employee)
Please send the required information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the information is received and reviewed by Human Resources, the non-UVA employee must complete the process detailed above for employees.
To activate the card, call the number provided on the sticker on the card. You will be asked to enter the 16 digit card number and a verification code. The verification code is your 3 digit agency number (University's College at Wise = 246, Southwest Center = 948, UVA = 207) plus your 6 digit employee number. Your employee number can be found at the top of your Timecard or Payslip in the Integrated System.
Register Your PIN
The Travel and Expense Cards are Chip and PIN enabled. The embedded microchip provides enhanced fraud protection and increased global acceptance. The 4-digit PIN number for your cards will come in a separate mailer from your actual credit card. Please follow the instructions on how to register your PIN number. http://www.procurement.virginia.edu/form/OnlinePINCheckRegistrationAndLoginInstructions.pdf
For more information on how on Chip and PIN cards please review this document: http://www.procurement.virginia.edu/forms/ChipPINCardholderBrochure2015.pdf
Contact Bank of America
Please contact Bank of America as soon as possible if a card is lost or stolen, has fraudulent charges, or if there are disputes over charges.
How to Make Changes to a Card?
Please submit the Card Change Request form for the following cardholder changes: altering legal name, going on a leave of absence, cancelling the card, or adjusting spending limits or restrictions.
All cards ordered after February 25, 2016 will be silver and say "Commercial Card."
Policies and Procedures
Cardholders are responsible for adhering to the regulations in these documents:
- Use of the University Travel and Expense Card -- Policy ID: FIN-044
- Travel, Meals, and Entertainment Expenses Incurred on Behalf of the University—Policy ID: FIN-004
- Managing Exports of Controlled Technology to Foreign Persons and Destinations in Support of Research and Scholarship Policy
- The Guidelines for Competition to determine if your purchase will require competition or other processing by Procurement and Supplier Diversity Services
- Departmental Card Responsibilities
- Restricted Purchases
For more information on how to use the Travel and Expense card see Using the Travel and Expense Card.