Travel and Expense Services
Book a trip with
The University of Virginia’s Travel and Expense Services is a central resource to assist University Academic faculty, staff, students and guest with business related travel arrangements and payment of business expenses.
Those traveling on Medical Center funds should contact Medical Center Invoice Processing at 924-5495.
We hope you will take time to review the resources available on this site.
Please share your thoughts by emailing email@example.com on how we can further support you with your travel and expense needs.
Travel and Expense Services Team
The University’s Office of Procurement and Supplier Diversity Services has a dedicated team of professionals ready to assist UVA travelers and those who support them. The team also handles matters related to reimbursement for non-travel expenses.
Please contact any member of the team with questions about travel and expense management at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dolores Hildebrand, Assistant Director (434) 924-4233
Carrie McGowan, Travel, Expense, and Card Program Manager (434) 924-3147
Raegan Harouff, Travel and Expense Administrator (434) 924-4354
Lisa Atkins, Travel and Expense Administrator (434) 924-6341
Travel and Expense Resources
- TravelUVA program customized to assist UVA travelers with an online reservation system and a team of dedicated and experienced full-service travel agents.
- The University Travel and Expense Card provide travelers the convenience of paying for travel expense with a University funded credit card. This may relieve travelers from significant out of pocket expenses.
- University travel Policy and Procedures
- Know Before You Go - A guide for helpful tips and reminders in preparation for travel.
- International Travel Guidance
- United Healthcare Global Travel Assistance Program is available at no cost to academic employees who travel more than 100 miles from their job location for UVa business related travel. Employees are automatically enrolled if they book travel using TravelUVA. If travel is booked using another method, contact a member of the Travel Team (see above) for enrollment instructions.
- Policy Side by Side - provides a comparison of the previous travel and meals policies to the new travel, meals, and entertainment policy.
Travel and Expense Services News
Mileage Reimbursement Rates Decrease January 1, 2016
The University of Virginia follows the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) rate for mileage reimbursement. The GSA has decreased the mileage reimbursement rate for the use of privately owned vehicles in the conduct of official business from 57.5 cents to 54 cents per mile effective January 1, 2016.
Please use the new travel workbook located athttp://www.procurement.virginia.edu/pagetravelformlist&from=241170 for all travel after December 31, 2015.
Travel and Expense Management Redesign Project
Visit the Travel and Expense Project page to stay up to date on the project!