Travel and Expense Services
Book a trip with
The University of Virginia’s Travel and Expense Services is a central resource to assist University Academic faculty, staff, students and guests with business related travel arrangements and payment of business expenses.
Those traveling on Medical Center funds should contact Medical Center Invoice Processing at 924-5495.
Travel and Expense Services News
Effective Saturday, October 15, 2016 the Galaxy Note 7 by Samsung will be banned from air transportation. Individuals who own or possess a Samsung Galaxy Note7 device may not transport the device on their person, in carry-on baggage, or in checked baggage on flights to, from, or within the United States. Please see Department of Transportation briefing.
The Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost is sponsoring a Passport Drive on Tuesday, October 25 & Wednesday, October 26, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. at Global Grounds - Hotel A. More information can be found at http://www.virginia.edu/uvaglobal/iew/passportdrive.html#contact-passport
New Travel & Expense Resource Available - Traveler's Rights
Airlines are now required to refund fees for delayed bags See Story
Please use the new travel workbook located at
University Vehicle Rental contracts are available for personal use. Please utilize the personal use Contract ID number found on the Contract Summary Sheet for Enterprise and National. For Hertz, use the standard Contract ID and advise it is a personal rental when picking up the vehicle.
Travel and Expense Resources
- TravelUVA is a program customized to assist UVA travelers with an online reservation system and a team of designated and experienced full-service travel agents familiar with University policies.
- The University Travel and Expense Card provides travelers the convenience of paying for travel expenses with a University funded credit card. This may relieve travelers of significant out of pocket expenses.
- University travel Policy and Procedures
- Know Before You Go - a guide for helpful tips and reminders in preparation for travel
- Traveler's Rights - a document which gives general info about traveler's rights while traveling
- International Travel Guidance
- United Healthcare Global Travel Assistance Program is available at no cost to academic employees who travel more than 100 miles from their primary residence for UVA business related travel. Employees are automatically enrolled if they book travel using TravelUVA. If travel is booked using another method, contact a member of the Travel Team (see above) for enrollment instructions.
- Policy Side by Side - provides a comparison of the previous travel and meals policies to the new travel, meals, and entertainment policy.
Travel and Expense Services Team
The University’s Office of Procurement and Supplier Diversity Services has a dedicated team of professionals ready to assist UVA travelers and those who support them. The team also handles matters related to reimbursement for non-travel expenses.
Please contact any member of the team with questions about travel and expense management at email@example.com.
Dolores Hildebrand, Assistant Director (434) 924-4233
Carrie McGowan, Travel, Expense, and Card Program Manager (434) 924-3147
Raegan Harouff, Travel and Expense Administrator (434) 924-4354
Lisa Atkins, Travel and Expense Administrator (434) 924-6341