Book a trip with
What is TravelUVA?
TravelUVA is the University’s comprehensive travel program, developed with the involvement of stakeholders across the Grounds. The University has contracted with Christopherson Business Travel (CBT) to provide professional travel services for the TravelUVA program. An experienced team of CBT agents is designated to assist UVA travelers and those who support them in planning and booking travel. CBT agents are also available to respond to questions and changes that arise during travel, such as flight cancellations.
Please Note: This system is only to be used for travel that is paid or reimbursed with University Academic funds. Those traveling on Medical Center funds should contact Medical Center Invoice Processing at 924-5495. Athletic team travel is also booked separately, in accordance with a prior contract.
Travelers or their designees may book online or with a full-service agent.
Learn More About TravelUVA
Booking Travel with TravelUVA
Air and Rail Tickets must be paid for at time of reservation. Hotel and Car Rentals are reservations only and travelers will pay at time of service.
Book with TravelUVA Online
Travelers can book air, rail, hotel, and car rentals online. There is NO FEE for booking travel online through TravelUVA using the Concur tool supported by CBT and customized for UVA travelers.
For help or questions contact the online support desk number at 888-535-0179 or email at email@example.com Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Book with a TravelUVA Agent
Call 1-800-286-0767, Monday- Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. EST to speak with a TravelUVA agent or write to uva@CBTravel.com.
||Includes airfare, rental car, and hotel||$24|
||Includes airfare, rental car, and hotel, up to two stopovers||$35|
|Hotel and/ or rental car
|Online booking with agent assistance||Additional fee charged when an Agent must assist with an online booking||$15|
|Online exchange with agent assistance when applying an airline credit||Additional fee charged when an Agent must assist with an online booking that is applying an airline credit||$15|
Group Travel is arranged for 10 or more people with the same itinerary. Group travel can be booked by a full-service agent at Christopherson Business Travel (CBT) dedicated to TravelUVA. Negotiated fees are lower per person than making arrangements individually with a full-service agent.
Group travel cannot be booked through TravelUVA online.
Domestic - Group Air Only Per Person Booking Fees:
|10-25 Travelers (same itinerary)||$23|
|26-50 Travelers (same itinerary)||$22|
|51+ Travelers (same itinerary)||$20|
International - Group Air Only Per Person Booking Fees:
|10-25 Travelers (same itinerary)||$33|
|26-50 Travelers (same itinerary)||$32|
|51+ Travelers (same itinerary)||
Why book through TravelUVA?
Savings to University Departments
- Eliminates the online booking fee usually charged to a traveler
- Consolidates UVA spending used to negotiate air, hotel, and car rental discounts.
- Automatically applies UVA’s contracted discounts to air, rail, lodging, and car rental reservations.
- 2% discount on United and 3% discount on most Delta tickets.
- Tracks traveler’s unused tickets and makes it easier to use them for another trip.
Provides Special Care to Travelers
- 24/7 monitoring of world events with mobile alerts to travelers who may be affected as well as University administrators who can offer support.
- Provides 24/7 emergency services to handle issues that arise during travel, including flight cancellations.
- Automatic enrollment in United Healthcare Global Travel Assistance Program for academic employees.
- Provides a means for travelers to maintain their frequent flyer and hotel reward programs in one place and automatically applies information to reservations for the greatest level of rewards.
Compliance with University Policies, Procedures, and Federal Regulations
- Provides a customized online booking tool and full service agents that apply University policies, procedures, and federal regulations to all reservations.
- Captures information required for Clery Act and Fly America Reporting.
- Guides travelers to obtain the appropriate approval before making arrangements for travel to sanctioned countries.
- Provides reminders to travelers regarding Export Control requirements and use of federal grant funding for travel.
For Group Travel Packages (includes more than just airfare), please complete the Group Travel Package Request form. An agent from CBT will contact you.
For URGENT Domestic after-hours assistance call 800-286-0767 - agent will ask for VIT code P-6LV Monday - Friday after 9pm and weekends and holidays.
For URGENT International assistance Click here for country specific phone numbers.