Travel and Expense Services
Book a trip with
The University of Virginia’s Travel and Expense Services is a central resource to assist University Academic faculty, staff, students and guests with business related travel arrangements and payment of business expenses.
Those traveling on Medical Center funds should contact Medical Center Invoice Processing at 924-5495.
Travel and Expense Services News
U.S. Passport Changes are coming - What You Need to Know
New notice for travelers planning travel to Iran -The Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tehran, Iran will not issue any new visa authorizations for US passport holders until the US Travel Ban has been lifted in its entirety. Iran is a sanctioned country and UVA employees must obtain prior approval from the Office of Export Controls before traveling to Iran (or any sanctioned country) for a University purpose or taking UVA-owned equipment.
Airlines are now required to refund fees for delayed bags See Story
Please use the new travel workbook located at
University Vehicle Rental contracts are available for personal use. Please utilize the personal use Contract ID number found on the Contract Summary Sheet for Enterprise and National. For Hertz, use the standard Contract ID and advise it is a personal rental when picking up the vehicle.
Travel and Expense Resources
- TravelUVA is a program customized to assist UVA travelers with an online reservation system and a team of designated and experienced full-service travel agents familiar with University policies.
- The University Travel and Expense Card provides travelers the convenience of paying for travel expenses with a University funded credit card. This may relieve travelers of significant out of pocket expenses.
- University travel Policy and Procedures
- Know Before You Go - a guide for helpful tips and reminders in preparation for travel
- Traveler's Rights - a document which gives general info about traveler's rights while traveling
- International Travel Guidance
- United Healthcare Global Travel Assistance Program is available at no cost to academic employees who travel more than 100 miles from their primary residence for UVA business related travel. Employees are automatically enrolled if they book travel using TravelUVA. If travel is booked using another method, contact a member of the Travel Team (see below) for enrollment instructions.
Travel and Expense Services Team
The University’s Office of Procurement and Supplier Diversity Services has a dedicated team of professionals ready to assist UVA travelers and those who support them. The team also handles matters related to reimbursement for non-travel expenses.
Please contact any member of the team with questions about travel and expense management at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dolores Hildebrand, Assistant Director (434) 924-4233
Carrie McGowan, Travel, Expense, and Card Program Manager (434) 924-3147
Raegan Harouff, Travel and Expense Administrator (434) 924-4354
Rate the team: